BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Fruit: Peace

Fruit: Peace

Galatians 5:22 (NIV)

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

2 Thessalonians 3:16 (NIV)

Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.
Judges 6:23-25 (NIV)
But the LORD said to him, "Peace! Do not be afraid. You are not going to die."
So Gideon built an altar to the LORD there and called it The LORD is Peace...


06/03/09

Romans 5:1-3
Isaiah 48:17-19

06/04/09
Colossians 3:14-16
Psalm 29:10-11

06/05/09

John 14:27
Matthew 5:9

Sorry this has taken me so long to post. My life suddenly got very hectic and then I was sick and working out of town this past weekend. Hopefully this has given you time to read through all the other devotions and the suggested reading for them. For those who are interested what I am reading I'm going to have you email me for it from now on. It lets me know who exactly is interested and cares which is good for me to know.

Peace, I think this is a very interesting word especially with the way that it is flippantly used now a days. (Ashley, Alexandra, flippantly is a fancy way of saying 'carelessly' or 'flung around', are we clear?) God's peace in both the Old and New Testament really doesn't have anything to do with how we use it now.

Lets start in the Old Testament, shall we. I'd encourage you to read the background story of Judges to get the full affect of the story and the meaning of peace. However to summarize it very very briefly God wants to kill someone, decides not to, and because of God's grace and mercy the people he decides not to kill build him a nice alter and name it after him.
I think my favorite phrase from that verse is the name that the writer gives the alter “The Lord is Peace”. I don't think I can be any clearer than that nor do I need to explain it much more than: God loves you so much that he'd prefer not to kill you he'd much rather take away your sin and have you live forever with him.” I think that's a pretty good deal and if we go in to the New Testament we see that same concept but also so much more in 2 Thessalonians

Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.


Not only is God filled with peace but he wants you to have the same peace at all times and in every way. However the only way we as people can have that peace is through God, because God is peace. See the connection. God is peace. Peace can only be had through God. So to get true peace that last forever we have to go to.... drum roll please God!

I hope all you ladies have the peace of God as you finish school and go through finals and tests. I miss you all.

0 comments: